- Genetics Unit Study Part 1 Timeline Vocabulary Books Poetry Music
- Genetics Unit Study Part 2 Media Games Recipes Art Field Trip
- Genetics Unit Study Part 3 Activities & Lesson Plans
- Genetics Unit Study Part 4 Worksheets Info Resources
- http://school.discoveryeducation.com/teachingtools/worksheetgenerator/archive/952391162.html Matching worksheet
- http://www.biologycorner.com/worksheets/GSLC_dna_chromosomes.html Genetic Science worksheet-answers found on website.
- http://www.biologycorner.com/worksheets/geneticsurvey.htm Genetics survey
- http://www.biologyisfun.com/genetics/ worksheets on the following:
Cloze – Genetics of Blood Types
Cloze – Dominant and Recessive Inheritance
Cloze – Genes and Chromosomes
Cloze – Introduction to Genetics
Cloze – Linked Genes, Crossing Over and Recombination
Cloze – Meiosis and Mitosis
Cloze – Mutations
Cloze – Sex-Linked Inheritance
Diagnostic Test – Genetics
Diagnostic Test – Mitosis and Meiosis
- http://www.startwrite.com This program makes nice reports and handwriting worksheets for the unit.
- http://www.schoolhousetech.com This company gives away two free software worksheet factories one for Basic math and one for wordsearch utility that will make wonderful complements to this unit when you include the clipart listed in the clipart section.
- http://www.teachers-pet.org/index.php will turn any text into a worksheet. Use it with the Wikipedia text or texts from Project Gutenberg. Open up Microsoft Word “New” document, then open the template and add ins’ for Teacher’s Pet and add one paragraph at a time and click the appropriate tab for the type of question you want.
- http://www.teach-nology.com/worksheets/ Has several online worksheet makers and a ton of Rubric makers. Rubrics work great with Homeschool Tracker because they give you total points and you count up exactly how many points your child gets.
- http://www.happychild.org.uk/wks/english/ssm/crosswords01.htm Online Crossword Puzzle Maker to use with your Vocabulary words or locations or even dated from the timeline.
Complete Units :
- http://learn.genetics.utah.edu Huge site on genetics
- https://science.education.nih.gov/customers/WebPages/CSHome.html Several units
Information and General Resources :
- http://www.odec.ca/projects/2004/fren4j0/public_html/fingerprint_basics.htm Basics of fingerprinting
- http://www.brighthub.com/science/genetics/articles/14458.aspx Inventor of DNA fingerprinting
- http://unisci.com/stories/20012/0619014.htm Mystery of twins
- http://a2zhomeschooling.com/explore/biology_kids/anatomy_kids/genetics_kids_a_to_z/ Links
- https://answersingenesis.org/genetics/genetics-no-friend-of-evolution/ Genetics vs Evolution
- https://answersingenesis.org/genetics/ Questions on genetics answered
- http://kidshealth.org/parent/system/medical/genetics.html Genetic testing
- http://www.scienceclarified.com/Ex-Ga/Forensic-Science.html Forensic Science
- http://science.jrank.org/pages/2825/Forensic-Science.html Fingerprinting
- http://www.brighthub.com/science/genetics/articles/34430.aspx Jobs in Genetics
- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jean-Baptiste_Lamarck Information of Lamrck
- http://www.dmoz.org/Kids_and_Teens/School_Time/Science/Living_Things/Genetics More DNA and Genetics
Web Information :Evaluation Ideas
- A copy of this unit
- Course Description (High school Students)
- Write a summary about books read for the unit
- Your Lapbook created for the unit (K-8 Students)
- Any worksheets or activity books created with Teachers Pet or the SchoolhouseTech Software
- Your journal and its contents
- Look at Scrapbook to Learn for more ideas on assembling your binder
- Your Log of activities from Homeschool Tracker http://www.homeschooltracker.com/ Its Free!
- Your Timeline